Land & Planning
£55000.00 - £65000.00
To provide a supporting role to assist the Planning Director in taking forward residential developments
Key Responsibilities / Deliverables:
• Preparation, submission and monitoring of planning applications (predominantly condition discharge applications, MMA/NMA applications and full applications for small scale residential developments)
• Preparation, submission and monitoring of appeals including the collation of evidence and preparation of a full statement of case
• Development plan and consultation document representations
• Site planning appraisals
• National planning policy guidance review and advice
• Local planning policy review and advice
• Identify potential land opportunities from reviewing local planning policy and planning applications
• Visit new and potential sites to identify opportunities and constraints to inform development briefs
• Preparation of development briefs
• Develop an understanding of the land appraisal process
• Preparation of ‘Black Book’ planning reports for Board Approval Packs for Land Acquisitions
• Organise and manage consultants
• Preparation of expert witness evidence
• Listed building, conservation area and advertisement review and advice
• Ability to produce clear, well researched and structured pieces of work
• Provide clear and succinct planning advice to the company based on a sound understanding of planning policy
• Undertake a supporting role within major projects or lead role on small projects in conjunction with others
• Undertake a developing role within specified projects including leading meetings and monitoring project milestones
• Research and design planning policy to guide development
• Assess planning applications and enforce and monitor outcomes as necessary
• Research and analyse data to help inform strategic developments such as increases in affordable housing provision
• Write reports, often of a complex nature, which make recommendations or explain detailed regulations. These reports may be for a range of groups from borough councils or members of the public
• Organise, co-ordinate and attend all Midland planning exhibitions/consultation events
• Organise, attend and present at pre-application discussion meetings with LPAs and Parish Councils (producing meeting minutes thereafter)
• Attend appeals and public inquiries
• Keep up to date with legislation associated with land use
• Maintain a Section 106 database comprising the contributions and necessary notifications for all Midland sites
• Represent the Land and Planning Team at ‘Pre-Plan’, ‘Full Land’, ‘Pre-Black Book’, ‘Black Book’, ‘Pre-Site Start’ and ‘Pre-Development’ meetings
• Attend RTPI, HBF and LPA Development Forums whilst progressing toward full RTPI membership through the ‘Licentiate’ process
• Production of Planning, Design & Access Statements
• Liaise with Land Owners in order to establish pragmatic working relationships
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Degree qualified , holding or working towards RTPI membership
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Commercial awareness (from work experience or post grad)
• Project management (from work experience or post grad)
• Team working skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Research Skills
I have worked with Steve since 2002 and have found him knowledgeable and well connected in the Housebuilding arena. Steve is easy to deal with, straightforward and hardworking and has built a business dedicated to our sector. I would not hesitate to recommend Rollinson & Hunter, especially on confidential senior searches.
I had the pleasure of dealing with Kerry over a number of months whilst job searching. She was the ultimate professional, engaging, understanding and in touch with her client’s requirements and my needs and aspirations. I would certainly keep a long term relationship with Kerry as she knows her stuff.
I have had the pleasure to work with Steve on a number of initiatives for over 15 years, and have always found him insightful, personable and intent on delivering positive results. I would have no hesitation in recommending his work.
I have known Steve for many years and have always found him to be a great source of staff and contacts in the property industry. He has always been very reliable.
I am really pleased with the service I received from Kerry, she gave me lots of tips ready for my interviews and listened to what sort of jobs I wanted to progress in. She was also upfront with her feedback which I really appreciated. I am now happily working in my new role as a Customer Care Co-ordinator. Thanks Kerry for all your help.
Steve has built a sound and professional recruitment organisation which has always delivered excellent candidates and ultimately the correct choice for the assignments I have instructed him to undertake. His specialism is property and having run this business for some 15 years now, he has a wide range of candidates and a thorough understanding of "the right person for the right job". He is a highly personable individual, allowing him to make contacts easily with all tiers of an organisation, resulting in success at all levels.
Kerry has a very in-depth knowledge of the House and Property Sector’ in terms of job roles and equally how they fit within the industry sector. She was able to give a full brief for the role, company culture and an overview of the industry and then by return invested immense time to drill through my CV to find the perfect fit of skills and experience to match the role – I felt so prepared and confident in the interview as I knew what was required and expected and how my experience would add value (this RARELY happens as a candidate). Exceptional screening process and job matching.
Kerry has been outstanding throughout every stage of my job search. Kerry's knowledge of her field and her dedication to her candidates is second to none; the depth and scope of preparation information she gave me to better prepare me for my interview was invaluable. Thank you for all your help, Kerry.
I was really pleased with the service I received from Kerry at Rollinson and Hunter. I was kept informed from start to finish with the job that I was interested in. Kerry gave me some good tips and advice for the interview and I was so happy when I got the job which included a slight increase in salary after a bit of negotiating. Thanks Kerry for all your help, you're a star!
Steve is very well regarded in the House Building recruitment sector for his in depth knowledge and contact base of both clients and candidates. I have hired him on a number of occasions with great success and would recommend him to other companies.
I wanted to extend my thanks to Kerry for her help and preparation towards my interview. I was blown away by the level of help she provided in the run up, compared to other recruiters. I don't know if this was down to my lack of industry experience - but she was so helpful in giving me as much information as she could. I was grateful that she went the extra mile to help point me in the direction of other useful pieces of information and in supplying facts relevant to the role. A refreshing and really positive experience for me as a candidate. It was a pleasure to be referred by her, as a recruiter, and I hope that her clients recognise the extra mile she goes to, to ensure the best possible opportunities for your candidates.
I applied for a position and was contacted by Kerry and she subsequently secured me an interview. Kerry provided amazing advice and support prior and post interview. I am extremely happy with the service provided by Kerry as she really knows her stuff! I would absolutely recommend her 100%, best recruiter I ever met!
My journey to find a new role after a redundancy was a positive, professional and inspiring one thanks to Kerry, her enthusiasm lifted my confidence and their guidance was a helping hand through the dreaded interview stages! I am now enjoying a different career path and I have nothing but praise for her efforts and support. Thank you so much.
I would highly recommend Kerry to anyone wanting to take the next step in their career. She is professional, has excellent knowledge of the new homes sector and will take time to understand what you are looking for before matching you to suitable roles. Thank you for all your help so far Kerry, it is a pleasure working with you.
Highly Recommend Kerry. Kerry guided me through each stage of my interview, ensuring I was prepared. Resulting in me successfully getting the Job! Friendly and professional, and knowledgeable in her field. Thank you
I can highly recommend Kerry and her agency. As a candidate, she kept me informed on each step of the process. She worked with me to make sure I felt comfortable and prepared for my interviews. They’re a great agency who feel like they are on your team, not just because of the commission.
I was impressed with the efficiency and effectiveness of Rollinson & Hunter whilst applying for a new role. Kerry was very polite and friendly and arranged all the steps of the interview process through to offer quickly and effectively. The Agency had matched my skills and attributes to the role in question and made the transition very smooth from beginning to end.